2015 has been an extraordinary year of growth and expansion for Kids' Health Links Foundation and its core programs. Key accomplishments include:
- Awarded first-ever KHLF Research Grant to the Hospital for Sick Children. The primary objective of this grant is to examine the use of online support networks by chronically ill youth aged 10-18. The research study will began in October 2015 and concludes in October 2016.
- Raised nearly $100,000 at the 2015 KHLF Golf Tournament & Fundraiser, held Sept. 14th at the beautiful Glen Abbey Golf Club.
- Launched the new mobile-friendly KHLF website!
- Released mobile-friendly version for easy browsing from tablets and smartphones.
- Developed new medical content in a more engaging format, including videos like Exploring the Operating Room. Topics chosen by users & filmed at partner hospitals.
- Uknow Coordinator & Child LIfe Specialist Jessica Miller hired to lead the medical content review and management.
- Creation of more interactive therapeutic programming led by our new Program Coordinator and child life specialist Krista Naugler.
- Welcomed Windsor Regional Hospital to Upopolis online community as our first community hospital partner. Upo polis is now connecting kids and youth at 14 locations across Canada!
Launched Webinar Series & delivered 6 webinars addressing practice-specific topics
Boosted membership by 20%!
Expanded online professional library to include 900+ practice-based tools & resources from 120+ organizations.
Began Outreach Project to First Nations & remote communities across Canada.
- Grew membership by 46% to include over 500 child life specialists from Canada, the U.S. and around the globe!
- Delivered 4 in-depth webinars to child life specialists in Canada, U.S. and globally.
- Created "What's UP?" monthly e-newsletter.
- Added new resources to Upedia's extensive online professional resource library.
All are made possible through the generosity of our Individual and Corporate Supporters and dedication of KHLF leadership and team. We are deeply thankful for these partnerships and champions of the KHLF Vision!